- 07/2017: HFSC welcome letter developed by Lou Schniedwind -
- 02/2016: correct positioning of tow bar and quick grips for Super Cub
- 02/2016: Ian Wayman's Starting procedures/considerations for the Super Cub
- 01/2016: Oil sample reports for the Super Cub
- 07/2015: Ian Wayman's Hi Cub Drivers Narrative (a word doc accompanies)
- 09/2014: Meadow Lake
Glider Operations Procedures (Glider Ops, 2.85mb)
- 08/2014: EI temperature (EGT/CHT) instrument manual for the Cub: EGT-EI-Installation-OI-II-SR-8A.pdf
- 01/2014: Tom Spratt's tow card
- 12/2013: 2013 FAA Glider Flying Handbook (or
order it from Amazon for $18)
- 06/2013: PA-18 POH (pdf, 12mb)
- 04/2012: Added Pirtle's private rating
- 06/2011: Added Using
the HFSC Radios and
Club glider ASI markings;
thanks to John Scott for these two contributions
- 04/2011: Using XCsoar
with the iPAQ - notes and files to download
- 10/2010: Mark Huff's Volkslogger Setup and Use information -- also, here's the
original .docx file
- 03/2010: Frank's glider
reservations page features documentation
- 02/2010: HFSC
trophy award criteria describing the principles behind our awards
Dan Rund of USAFA sent us these products showing their airspace and
training airspace .
USAFA/KPUB contract flight ops .
USAFA 00V briefing
- 11/2009: article from EAA on
making your own tiedowns
- 11/2009: Grob
Twin Astir info
- 06/2009: Updated the XC page to
reference Kai Gertsen's and other new
articles found on cross country soaring
- 04/2009: New towing route
as of 4/2009
- 02/2009: Tow plane/Super cub checklists, including annotated version.
- 09/2008: Forms repository
- 04/2008: HFSC Fee Schedule (PDF, 29k)
(the two columns are identical; there is an editable Word doc too,
talk to Jim or John)
- 02/2008: Bill Daniels' and member George Moore's talk at the 2008 SSA
Breakthroughs in Winch Technology
The canopy repair kit Dan Daly had (purchased Knauff and Grove)
is a German product called Acrifix 192, and also a micromesh
We still have some; talk to Gil if you need it.
- 03/2007: Information on
nearby Class C airspace
- 03/2007: AWOS/ASOS card,
from Colorado DOT
- 02/2007: weight and balance (Excel
- 01/2007: HFSC Pilots Information
File (PIF, 950k)
- 12/2006: HFSC
bylaws (PDF, 46k) (there is a an editable Word doc too, talk
to Jim or John)
- 09/2006: PDF Soaring Camp
Also, here is an
editable copy in RTF.
John Scott edited it recently (thanks, John); here is
the RTF we had
before editing in case we need it.
- 09/2006: Information on the new
ELT for the Super Cub.
- 08/2006: Updated HFSC
brochure (as PDF ... thanks, John!).
Note pictures in the brochure from the SSA, Robert Herndon Sr.,
Jim Densmore ...
and I think there's one from Dan Daly's camera,
if memory serves.
- 08/2006: Information on Windsocks
from Northern Line Textiles
- 07/2006: Dan Daly kindly wrote up some guidelines for use in
flights on Google Earth.
Warning: it's a pdf over 2mb in size.
Thanks, Dan! Safe move and keep in touch.
- 06/2006: John Scott recently developed a
glider log book
(380K .xls file)
using Microsoft Excel
(the version I'm using is Excel 2002 SP3), and Jim Densmore made a
The result appears useful so we're offering it here.
- 06/2006: Larry Garrett's
ACE Tow Pilot School (128k RTF file).
Also there's an interesting
Pilot Course at
A copy of the standard SSA visual signal jpegs are
2KG calibration certificate, 39kb PDF dated 13-April-2006
- 05/2006: Using
the MH O2 Systems (PDF 2.9MB)
- 05/2006: Volkslogger
User Manual (PDF 155K)
- 05/2006: Dittel
radio user manual (PDF 873K)
- 04/2006: Information on cross country flying - see
- local info like
window information (thanks to Lew, Dan and Randy)